Saturday, November 3, 2012

CrockPot Cider

 So today we are making mulled cider in the CrockPot, I got the recipe from my mom and have been wanting to try it since she left to fly back to Washington. The ingredient list is very short and simple, and this is easy to throw together! I did have a hard time finding the cheesecloth as you can see I managed to find some natural spice bags instead. I also had a harder time finding the Whole Allspice which I had looked at a couple different stores for. Shane and I put everything in the crockpot this morning and we are letting it all blend together today for later consumption!




Mulled Cider In A Crockpot


Ingredients

1 gallon cider (preferably filtered, but not necessary)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. allspice, whole
3 tsp. cloves, whole
4 sticks cinnamon
2 dashes nutmeg
Orange, cut in half


Directions


  • Pour cider into crock pot. Stir in brown sugar.
  • In a coffee filter or cheesecloth, place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Carefully fold up the coffee filter, making sure none of the spice can fall out. Tie up with butcher's twine and place into the cider.
  • Slice an orange in half and place sliced side down into the cider. Cover and heat on low for several hours before guests arrive, or can be heated on high for an hour or two until it's hot enough and then turn the heat down to low. 
  • Keep spice bag and orange halves in the cider the entire time.

One thing I really wanted to get posted was my prize I got from InPink! These are the bracelets I ordered with my $40 gift code I won over at Wildflowers & Whimsy! These came packaged in the cute little box in the bottom photo with a decorative stretchy tie that could be reused on other presents! Each bracelet came wrapped in its own InPink tissue paper and had a security tag on it. These bracelets are very high quality, aside from the corded bracelet the other two were pretty heavy duty leading me to believe that they will last a lifetime! You will definitely get your money's worth from InPink! They have other jewelry as well, necklaces, earrings and rings as well in a variety of styles and colors. Check them out at InPink.com.

 Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Yum, apple cider is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I have been nursing this Cider but I guess I can always make another batch! It came out a little citrus-y so I recommend removing the oranges at some point while it is cooking!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!