Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

As some of you may (or may not know) I live in upstate New York, at this current time we have been preparing for the onslaught of hurricane Sandy. There is massive flooding on the coastline in many of the Eastern coastal states. We are nearer to Lake Ontario and hope that the lake does not have any effects on us.
We are currently experiencing strong winds and some minor rain, but expect more as the wind gusts are expected to get up to 65 MPH. I am strongly worried about power outage and flying debris, but really there is not much to do for either of those things except try to be prepared. We have a couple lanterns and flashlights with plenty of batteries, I picked more up today as well as a lot of bottled water and several gallons (just in case).
I am most concerned about the heat of the house, which it has been steadily getting colder and colder here, I worry that my boys will not be warm enough if the power goes out, but I think our furnace runs off of gas (I hope) so that may not be an issue.
So, to all of you on the east coast, I hope that you stay safe and dry! I will try my best to stay safe and dry as well!

For now, I am going to go do some homework and try to catch up on my textbook reading!

Be safe!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!