Saturday, October 27, 2012

Busy momma's busy week!

His masterpiece!
Spent the last week with my mother, she was visiting from Washington, I am always grateful when she visits, I know she enjoys (mostly) spending time with the boys and I am glad for it. We did a few fun things this trip, she usually stays for 2 weeks but this was a spur of the moment trip in which she was only going to be visiting for 1 week.
We had Dinosaur BBQ down in Syracuse and spent the rest of that day down at the mall there, which they recently renamed "Destiny, USA" for some strange reason....
Petting Jet the horse!
We drove out to visit with the Amish and pick some pumpkins, they usually have mountains of them at very good prices, but because it was such a dry summer apparently a lot of their crops failed, which is not good. My mom and Shane did some baking and also some fun Halloween crafts. We also did an early Thanksgiving dinner (which we seem to do every fall) since she won't be here for next month's festivities! We made a 15lb turkey, mashed potatoes, asparagus, sweet potato casserole, gravy of course and pumpkin pie!

Shane rolling in the grass at the Hay ride
We all went to an FRG event hosted by my husband's work which involved eating (of course!), a donut on a string eating contest for the kids, a bean-bag toss contest for the kids and a costume contest!
Had a girls night out with my mom to go play bingo--not much luck there we didn't win a thing!
Shane's Creepy keeper!
Zealand being a silly boy!
We also got my mom some new shoes which seems to be a trend, she always gets a new pair at the PX when she is here! While we were there we did a fun little scavenger hunt for clues to enter for prizes! Didn't even know that was going on! All in all it has been a busy fun week!


Jennifer Now it is time to get back into the swing of things, did my workout today which kicked my butt since I haven't done it in a week. Spent time with the boys out at Lowe's doing the build and grow clinic to build our Creepy Keeper! Had fun!
Got home and my full size Smashbox Photo Finish primer that I won was in the mail as well as my Target Beauty bag and my Pure & Clear face wipes! I love to get freebies by mail!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!