Monday, August 5, 2013

Purex Insiders Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar & Stain Remover



I received my second box from Purex Insiders! This time I get to review Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry stain remover bar! I got super excited when I opened the box, because I knew just the thing I was going to test it on, and when I mean test, it is like the exam of all exams: stained cloth diaper. To check out the Purex Fels-Naptha website directly and for more information or locate a store near you click the picture above or HERE.

I think I was mostly surprised by the delivery system of the stain remover itself, it comes in a bar form. You wet the clothing/stained item and rub the bar on and let it set for a minute or so, then wash as usual. I have never used a bar type laundry soap before so I was really unsure about it. But, after using it I found that this method is great because you can directly target and treat the exact area you want to vs. a messy spray that can miss the spot you want completely.





Top: Before treatment
Lower: After treatment





Okay everyone, I chose my 3 most stained cloth diapers, note that the holes are normal wear and tear for the old style BumGenius Elementals, I still love and use them anyway until they start leaking or chafing my little one. The light blue one was the absolute worst and I for sure thought those stains would be permanent, this is the diaper I chose to use the Fels-Naptha bar on. In the top photos you can see how nasty and awful they look. I ran a prewash rinse cycle in my HE front loading washing machine, then I used the Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry bar on the stains and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then I hand washed the diapers in the sink, with a little soft scrubbing brush and a lot of agitation. After thoroughly rinsing in the sink, I put the diapers through a regular wash cycle with my regular diaper routine (using slightly less detergent than I would for a full load about 1 1/2 tsp) and also a couple extra rinse cycles to make sure everything was out of them. Cloth diapers can easily get build up or ammonia smell buildup if you do not rinse enough, so it is imperative to rinse rinse rinse!

As you can see the results in the lower photos, I am so impressed at how much actually came out of these horribly stained diapers! The Purex Fels-Naptha stain remover bar would be excellent as a stain prewash treatment, or even an in wash additive to help keep all your clothes looking like new! And also unlike other stain removers, this comes in a bar and you only use what you want and need to, so the bar will last forever it seems. I have also heard of people adding shaved bits of Fels-Naptha to their home-made laundry detergent for added effectiveness. 


This will definitely become a laundry staple in my house!


Click the picture of the Fels-Naptha bar below to connect with them on Facebook or click HERE.
 Enter HERE for the 120 Years, 120 Winners Sweepstakes brought to you from Purex! One lucky winner will get $500 and an additional 119 winners will get a FREE Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar!
Sweepstakes runs July 31, 2013 through August 28, 2013

Sign up to review your own Purex products! Click the photo above or click HERE.
Jennifer



**Purex provided me with a sample of Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry bar & Stain remover in exchange for a product review. However, all the opinions expressed here are completely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!