Monday, February 11, 2013

It's been a Crafty week here

It has been a crazy past few days here at the house! It is just me and the boys right now while we wait for word to go pick up my husband from the hospital. His numbers are starting to come back up after the chemotherapy but his platelet count is being stubborn, so he is stuck there until they decide to come up. Meanwhile back here at the house we had that lovely winter storm come through and dump at least 16 inches of snow on us in just about a 24 hour period. There was a couple days where my oldest (3) and I were able to get outside and get some fresh air, and get some energy out!

When stuck in the house we have been doing many crafts, from coloring to working out of our Green Kid Crafts box, our WonderBox (which sadly they are discontinuing, we are going to switch over to Kiwi Crate) and lately water color painting! I have also taken up some crafting and have been working on my quilt that I started, and a second quilt piece that I started while waiting on more fabric and fusible interfacing for the first one. I also took the time to finish up a diaper liner/doubler for my cloth diapers and I think it turned out pretty good for my first one, of course you learn as you go and I can always make improvements in my design for the future ones.





I also took the time to roast up some chickpeas which turned out super tasty! Here is a recipe if you want to try it for yourself!

Roasted Chickpeas
You will need:
2 Cans of Chickpeas
A drizzle of Olive Oil (maybe 1Tbsp)
Seasoning of your choice, this is such a great snack you can really make it any way you want! I recommend plain old Salt and Pepper, Paprika, or even Cayenne if you want a kick. (I wanted a sweet snack so I used a sprinkle of Salt, Brown sugar, some Cinnamon and some Vanilla and Almond extract).

Preheat oven to 375 (I use 400 because my oven is off)
Open your canned chickpeas, wash/rinse them well.
Dry them off! Be sure they are super dry or they won't get crunchy when you bake them. I let mine sit in the pan and air dry for 10-15 minutes before I proceed.
Add your Olive Oil to the pan and shake it to coat all of the chickpeas.
Sprinkle your spices and shake the pan again to make sure they all get coated.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crunchy, they will get too hard if you overcook them, again my oven is off so I end up baking for around 55+ minutes.
Pull them out and let them cool for a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to a container of your choosing!
These are such a great snack, instead of reaching for those unhealthy chips or anything else, you can munch on these versatile, delicious and healthy (they are full of fiber too) roasted chickpeas!


Got more free stuff in the mail today! My sample of Elmer's ProBond Advanced arrived, which is super neat and I can't wait to try it, it is supposed to work on just about any surface! I also got my new L'Oreal Advanced Haircare sample, I chose Color Vibrancy--plus it came with coupons! Last but not least, I received my TV Diary from Nielsen and CASH for incentive to complete it! Great mail day today, I love getting freebies in the mail, do you get a lot of free stuff? I don't think my mailman likes his route some days!


Stay warm!


Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!