Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NEW Garnier Olia, oil powered hair dye

I recently received a coupon for a free box of Garnier Olia to test out from BzzAgent and I must say I was skeptical about the use of oils to color my hair. For years I have turned to either professional dyes and other big box store brands of hair dye to color my hair. I have used colors with burgundy to black and in my younger days I of course had even wilder hair colors, so I know what I like and what to use in my hair. 

First and foremost, here is a little bit of information about the product directly from the BzzAgent Campaign website:
Introducing Garnier Olia, the first oil powered permanent at-home hair color. Olia is an innovative, oil powered formula that propels colorant deep into your hair – without ammonia – for pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Unlike traditional hair color, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend, with natural flower oils in the colorant. The oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant shine, dimensional color, and softer, shinier hair with bounce.
  • First oil powered, permanent at-home hair color
  • No ammonia
  • 60% oil blend with natural flower oils
  • 100% gray coverage
  • Maximum color performance
  • Visibly improves and restores hair*
  • Softer, shinier hair with bounce
  • Pleasant floral fragrance
  • In 24 different shades
 *Restores hair by improving softness and shine.

Before dying


So, with all the specifications of the product out of the way, I have to say I am truly impressed by the awesome coloring abilities of this product.  This product does not contain any ammonia so it is much less harsh on the hair and tender scalp area, but you must follow all directions properly on the package as this still can damage your hair and scalp if you do not. I noticed it mildly tingled on my scalp so I do know there are still damaging ingredients in the product. I only did a root touch-up because I was not sure if the product would work on my hair or if the color would even match my existing dye color in my hair. It worked like a charm, covered my grown out roots and blended well. The bottle design is a little difficult to handle especially if you have dye on your gloves, if it was less round it would be easier to handle. I also felt like I didn't get all the developer out of the tube, but there is not much to do to improve upon that unless they put a little extra in the tube to account for this. Loved the hydrating after coloring cream rinse, my hair did not feel like straw (like some other dyes) after finishing rinsing and conditioning, and once it was dry it was shiny and smooth and very manageable. 
After Dying

I just bought another box to re-do my hair when it grows out again. So, needless to say, this is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone looking to dye their hair with less chemicals or no ammonia.





Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. I agree about the bottle design. Its really hard to handle. Hope they change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Jennifer, garnier olia is one of my favourite product when it comes to hair colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I enjoy the comments!